Personalization makes the perfect gift for the Holidays! With Oracal 651, you can personalize a huge variety of substrates for that one of a kind gift. Here are a few tips to remember when using Oracal 651:
1. Prepare the surface – be sure to have a smooth clean surface. Orafol recommends cleaning the surface thoroughly with alcohol and wipe it down with a dry cloth. Double check to make sure all residue is removed before applying.
2. Temperature – avoid any significant drop in temperature for the first 24 hours after application.
3. Application tape – when applying the application tape to the weeded vinyl, make sure you apply straight and use a plastic squeegee to adhere the vinyl to the tape.
4. Removing the paper – pull back only as much paper as required to begin applying. Always pull the paper from the vinyl, not the other way around.
5. Application – position the cut vinyl and press it at one corner on the surface. Using the grid tape, it is easier to ensure the design is straight. Adhere the remaining vinyl by using a plastic squeegee across the vinyl. Pull the tape away slowly at 180° angle.
Happy Holidays and Happy Pressing,